27 tammikuuta 2018

Observing the Nature



This post is a modified revisit to November 9th 2016.

From my kitchen window I can see a pergola where my husband feeds the birds.
A couple of days ago there he was,  sitting on the pergola - a northern goshawk!
This  time he had no catch and was a bit smaller than last time.


Last time (October 2016) I got really frightened for the goshawk bumped straight
to my kitchen window grabbed with  a wood pigeon - dead of course. 
Looking from the window I saw the hawk sitting a bit stunned because of the impact.
After a few minutes it flew away with its catch.


I live a half an hour from the centre of Helsinki, so this is no wilderness.
But beside my house there is a small woods, very dense with old spruces etc.
I think the hawk lives there and keeps an eye on the small birds.

My garden is absolutely lifeless, like after a nuclear catastrophe. 
All hundreds of sparrows, great tits and black birds are hiding. No bird at sight.
It feels quite awkward & odd. I wonder how many days it takes until they return?

I don't know if this is any Gartenglück, but I'll link
to Loretta's and Wolfgang's nice meme.


The photos are not mine, but my friend's - Thank you Harri!
Wishing you all a nice weekend.


18 kommenttia:

  1. Tolle Fotos, hoffentlich kehren die Vögel bald wieder zurück.
    L G Pia

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. It really feels odd. Two days now and no bird at sight. The laws of the nature, hawks attack to survive... They don't kill for fun.

      Poista
  2. Einen Habicht im eigenen Garten zu beobachten, liebe Riitta, ist ganz bestimmt ein Gartenglück. Wenn die Fotos auch nicht von Dir sind, so sind sie doch sehr schön. Diebische Elstern besuchen meinen Garten. Aber einen Habicht habe ich hier noch nicht gesehen. Vielleicht sollte ich mir ein paar Hühner anschaffen...
    Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes Wochenende und sende liebe Grüße
    Edith

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. These northern goshawks are big and handsome birds, yet frightening. In 2016 I saw it very close, right under my kitchen window. I'm glad that my cat Sissi goes out only in a leash :) Well, some chickens might interest them :) Have a nice weekend Edith!

      Poista
  3. Last year we had a Sparrow Hawk in the garden. Usually I only see them passing by.
    Yours has got a ring!
    Regards
    Elke

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. You have good eye sight Elke - he has a ring indeed! I think my friend has taken the photos somewhere near Helsinki. In Finland there are a lot of forests everywhere you know :)

      Poista
  4. On Harri osunut kameroineen oikeaan paikkaan, oikeaan aikaan. Pihabongauspäivänä meidän lintuja ei näy missään. Harmi.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Liebe Riitta,
    Das sind beeindruckende Bilder von sehr schönen Vögeln!
    Liebe Grüße
    Steffi

    VastaaPoista
  6. Komea lintu ja kuvat!

    VastaaPoista
  7. Striking bird. Very awesome!
    Our garden in Somero is desert as well...the snow has almost totally melted and birds can find food their own way.
    Let's hope they come back soon.
    Have a nice Sunday, Riitta!

    VastaaPoista
  8. Kanahaukka onkin iso lintu!
    Saitkin aika erikoisen linnun pihabongaukseen.
    Meillä ei tänään ole pahemmin ollenkaan lintuja näkynyt, ihankuin olisivat tietäneet, että heitä voidaan kuvata, hi!

    VastaaPoista
  9. Nice to see these Riitta ...
    Thank you.

    All the best Jan

    VastaaPoista
  10. Meillä piahbongaus meni räntäsateen piikkiin...eipä näkynyt tirppoja :/

    Kaunis haukka <3

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kiitos kaikille kommenteista - thank you for commenting 💕

      Poista
  11. Liebe Riitta,
    es ist selten so einen Vogel im eigenen Garten zu sehen. Ich habe mal gesehen, wie ein Habicht ein Huhn von unserem Nachbarn angegriffen hat. Zum Glück ist dem Huhn nichts passiert außer, dass es im Schockzustand für einer Weile auf dem Boden lag. Danach stand es auf und lief in voller Geschwindigkeit in den Stahl hinein.
    Liebe Sonntagsgrüße
    Loretta

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. What a terrible experience for the viewers and the poor chicken! Luckily it survived. When I saw the hawk sitting there with a dead wood pigeon, I did not dare to go out!
      Thank you for your comment Loretta, wishing you a nice new week.

      Poista
  12. Es un pájaro precioso que me encanta. Besitos.

    VastaaPoista
  13. Wonderful photograph, and what an experience for you when the hawk bumped into your kitchen window!
    As beautiful creature as it is, I hope all those tiny birds kept well hidden :D) xx

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.